Monday, January 26, 2009

Bendigo - Couture and op-shops!







Last Friday Josie and I travelled to Bendigo, mainly to see their Golden Age of Couture show, but also to visit some op shops. The exhibit is really wonderful, so many really really beautiful amazing dresses, they are so detailed and made of the most wonderful fabrics, its hard to believe they were actually worn. Op-shopping was good too, I visit Bendigo so often, one of the lady's in the op-shops recognised me and praised me for my persistence! Here's a little of what I found.

I also just found these maps and op-shopping guides on the Bendigo Tourism website, for anyone interested in making a day out of it. All the op-shops located in central Bendigo are in easy walking distance from the train station. All you need to do is click on the shopping and map links and all is there for you.

Meaghan...

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I lived in Bendigo while I went to uni and I loved the op shops. I furnished my house and my kitchen in my first flat with treasures from there. I still have a set of orange measuring cups with the price written in black texta from a little oppy that used to be near the art gallery. It reminds me every time I use them.

Beck said...

Thanks for the tip re the op shop guide, will check it out sometime. x