Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dreaming of Crocheting.



It has been mentioned here a lot by both Claire and I can't crochet, we've tried, we have read lots of books and seen lots of demonstrations but we can't seem to get the hang of it. This doesn't mean we are going to give up, just that when we do manage to learn it will be all the better. There really is no reason why we shouldn't be able to crochet either. The blanket in these photos was created by our Aunty and given to our Mum for her 21st Birthday I think. Aunty Shelly is a little younger then Mum too, so she must have made it when she was in her teens I think and means that this blanket is more than 30yrs old, I hope i'm not insulting Mum when I say that. I really love it, I like the colours and thinking about why our Aunty choose them for our Mum, and all the time, effort and planning that would have gone into making it. It would have taken a while, because its huge, probably about the size of a queen blanket. Its perfectly made too, everything is the same size and tension (i think that is the right terminology) and it only shows a few signs of aging. I can't wait to master the art and get started on my own.

No comments: