Sunday, February 8, 2009

Things on the Go!



Currently I have two things I'm currently working on one quite small and the other a little larger. The bag is made from an old tea towel I found in an op-shop and really liked, all that is left to do of it is the handles, which is always my least favourite part, whenever I seem to get around doing them I always end up making some sort of silly mistake and then get a little disappointed with the end result, hopefully a quick solution will arise and the bag will be finished.

The other thing I'm making is a quilt for a friend of mine, I have just finished sewing all the patches together and and ready to choose some trim.

Both these projects are currently made of entirely recycled products, which I think is really important, sometimes I get a little down when I think about how much spending and throwing away goes on in this world.

Meaghan.

2 comments:

Josephine Frances said...

hey that bag is a cool idea! You know my feelings on recycled goods- greem is the new black changed my life (sort of, I kind of knew all that stuff already, but I'm more passionate about it since reading that book!) xo.

ashley said...

the quilt is adorable
<3