Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chocolate Slice.


Mum told me about this recipe on the weekend, a teacher at her school had brought it in for everyone to share. When she started explaining it to me I thought that it seemed a little ridiculous, I mean how could all that chocolate go into a slice and not make you sick, but being the slice fan that I am I had to try it. Down to the supermarket we went, we got a little embarrassed when we reached the checkout and looked down at what was there, it does contain a lot of chocolate.


This recipe is definitely not for the the savoury lover, but it is delicious and worth every guilty feeling you may encounter. Its so simple and quick, all it requires is a bag of chocolate eclairs, one tablespoon of cream, one bag of marshmallows, one bag of maltesers and one cup of rice bubbles. All you need to do is melt the cream and the eclairs over a double boiler, add the marshmallows (its best to use the small ones from the baking section of the supermarket), and stir until melted, then add the maltesers and rice bubbles and mix to combine. Once all that is done, spread into a small tin, covered in baking paper and refrigerate. What is produced is some sort of chewy, crunchy, delicious, sweet slice which will satisfy any craving.

My brother said it resembled some sort of roasted meat, and refused to try it but please don't let that deter you, its really quite delicious!

3 comments:

Jen said...

YUM!

becka said...

haha, this sounds out of control and AMAZING!

Miss Muggins said...

sounds like my kinda slice! Thanks for sharing.