Monday, September 8, 2008

My Weekend Away!






A friend and I decided we need a weekend by the sea so last Saturday we set off down the Great Ocean Road. As soon as we saw the sea we both felt so relaxed. Our first stop was Apollo Bay where we visited the local bakery and had some lovely sandwiches, we ate them looking at this view (above). 

We spent the night in Port Campbell where we enjoyed a great meal in the Port Campbell Hotel and had a room that you could see and hear the ocean from.

On Sunday morning we went to Warnambool and visited the Mill Markets and attempted a swim but it really was freezing. Then we had to head back home. It was really great to get out of town for the weekend and see more of the country. I hope I can do it more often.

Claire...

2 comments:

Liesl said...

What a lovely weekend away. I like the sound of everything you did .... except for the swimming!! You must have been very brave to try that at this time of the year!

made by maude said...

Look, it's Warrnambool, my home town! Right now I'm wearing a dress I picked up from Mill Markets. What timing Claire!