Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gingerbread!


Today I really felt like some Gingerbread so I made some. It was really delicious and the best part was we had every thing I needed in the pantry. So I thought it might be nice to share the recipe.


Rich Gingerbread


You will need
225g plain flour
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon all spice
115g butter
115g golden syrup
115g treacle
55g brown sugar
2 beaten eggs
120 ml milk


To make
Preheat the oven to 180C, grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
Sift the flour, salt, bicarb and spices into a bowl.
Melt the butter, golden syrup, treacle and brown sugar over a low heat and stir occasionally, until the butter has melted and the mixture is smooth. Leave to cool a bit.
Mix the milk and two eggs together.
Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk and eggs and the syrup mixture and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. (when i got to this stage i thought the mixture was to runny but it turned out fine so it must have been right)
Pour into the cake tin and then into the oven for about an hour. You know it will be ready when you touch it and it springs back.
If you like you can mix some icing sugar and water to put on top like I did but it's not necessary.
Best served with a cup of tea.


Enjoy from Claire

2 comments:

zofia said...

Claire, I made this cake yesterday with my daughter and it was fantastic! Very easy, quick and yummy! Thank you!

Mc Cranky! said...

I'm so glad you tried it and liked it.h Thanks for letting me know how it worked out.