Sunday, August 17, 2008

This is...How I Like to Spend my Weekend.





This weekend was always going to be a very busy weekend, filled with all of my favourite things, when i read that this weeks This is was about weekends, I couldn't of been happier.


My Weekend began on Saturday with a lovely breakfast at Small Block on Lygon st in East Brunswick. This really is my favourite place to spend a morning, they serve the most amazing coffee and the breakfast choices are really delicious. I came here with my housemate Josie, and were joined later with another of our friends. We had fun catching up on what each other has been up to and reading the paper.


The day progressed with an afternoon of baking, in preparation for Sunday's activities. Like I've said before baking is really one of my favourite things to do, and baking cupcakes would have to be my speciality. My favourite recipe comes from a book Claire gave to me for my 19th Birthday, along with a whole heap of baking equipment. The recipe never lets me down as it always produces the tastiest cakes around. My Favourite part of baking would have to be the decorating, this time I used marshmallows to create flowers.


Later on Saturday I met with a friend at Lentil as Anything, where we enjoyed some lovely curries. I really like this place, with its 'pay as you feel' philosophy. The first time I visited it was a little uncomfortable ordering meals with no value attached, but as you get used to it, it becomes quite nice. Despite the rain we took a rather long and confusing walk to Collingwood to listen to some music, and see some other friends, then it was home to bed in order to enjoy Sunday to its fullest.


Sunday arrived, and I couldn't have been happier. Today me and some friends decided it would be a good day for a picnic, luckily it was. There was no rain in sight and the air wasn't as cold as it has been. For this particular picnic we headed out to Kalista in the Dandenong Ranges. We went to Grants Picnic Ground which was great as there are lots of native birds that will eat out of your hands, I had a great time doing this with my friends amazing little boy, who found the whole thing incredible. Then it was a long train journey back to the city.
Thanks again to Angela for hosting this week, and thanks to Birdbath for a great theme. I'm off now to see what everyone else has been up to.
From Meaghan.

4 comments:

Liesl said...

Your cupcakes look terrific. I can never get the marshmallow petals to look quite right!

CurlyPops said...

Mmmmmmm beautiful cupcakes....the picnic spread looks absolutely delightful!

Always In Style said...

Ah, the perfect weekend indeed :-)

teddybearswednesday said...

Lovely!! Those cupcakes look sooo yummy!!! ( I'm a big fan of cupcakes!)