Sunday, August 24, 2008

This Is...My Favourite Children's Book!


When I was little I was in love with the Magic Faraway Tree, and still am. I remember Claire and I reading this book over and over again, and getting more and more amazed at the adventures Jo, Bessie and Fanny were getting up too. I think Moon face was my favourite character, he was so nice. We still have the copy we read as kids, but Mum keeps it at her school so the kids can read it too. Whenever I enter an op-shop I always look to see if I can find my own copy, one day I will have the whole set, and will be able to look at the illustrations and read them whenever I like.
More This Is, over at Three Buttons!

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That's my favourite of all time too. I lost my original copy somewhere along the way during all my house moves so I bought the 3-in-1 copy for myself instead.

Liesl said...

I loved the Faraway Tree too. Not the least being for all the excellent descriptions of the food!!

Amy Prior said...

Yes definitely it gripped me it WAS magical. Silky and the changing worlds at the top brilliant