Thursday, July 17, 2008

Art Deco!


Last night I visited the new Art Deco exhibition currently on at the NGV, on St Kilda rd. It was so lovely, we went at about 5.30 just as it was getting dark but still not to busy, by the time we left though it was packed with people coming in after work I guess. We spent hours walking around looking at all the amazing frocks, jewellery, furniture, paintings, appliances, posters, fabrics and ceramics. They have the most amazing bound books on display along with some of the most impressive intricate dresses I have ever seen. All I could think about the whole time was who owned all these pieces originally, and what were their lives like, glamorous I bet. I can't wait to visit again, as I'm sure I missed something really special.



From Meaghan.

No comments: