Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Love Country Towns...




...and Bendigo is probably one of my Favourites. I first visited Bendigo about a year ago and instantly felt happy. I always said I was going to go back and yesterday I finally did. The drive up there (or the train in my case) is so lovely, the countryside looks really wonderful, very green and fresh, and i saw at least three families of Kangaroos looking back at us along the way. Bendigo is quite a large town giving you lost of things to fill your day. There are art galleries everywhere, a ton of op-shops (8 at last count), and some really great bakeries, essential components of a great country town i think. Yesterday I visited as many op-shops as i could before my train left back to Melbourne and manged to find some really great things. I got lots of books, a few dresses, lots of fabric to pass on to Claire and some great handbags. Really Bendigo is fabulous, everyone should visit.

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I lived in Bendigo for a few years....it really was such a nice place to live....and I loved the op-shops!

Mc Cranky! said...

wow, to live in Bendigo i could only dream...