Friday, July 11, 2008

Collecting!


For as long as I can remember, I have been collecting things. It started when I was little with things like Polly Pockets and Teddy Bears. Now I collect almost everything. My largest collection would probably be of tea cups and cake stands, most of which I have found in op shops or were given to me. I also collect wollen jumpers and clothing from op-shops which are from the clothing label Katies, and various other things. All of these collections I see as very functional , as most serve a purpose. I mean I can wear the jumpers and Katies clothes, I can drink from the tea cups and I can serve my cakes on the cake stands, but some of my collections are not so functional or exciting perhaps. This is primarily my collection of Tic Tac containers. Since about year 11 (4 years ago) I started eating tic tacs, as they were the only mints sold at our school canteen. After buying a few packets I realised how amazing they were, I just really liked the taste I guess. After I discovered a few empty packets in my school bag, and putting them in a draw I just kept adding to them until the draw was full. I really couldn't bring my self to throw the empty packets away, I still can't. At this stage I have a few boxes full with empty packets, and a couple of bags. The ones in the photo above are quite special and remain on my book shelf, they were given to me by a freind who has just returned from a trip around America, they are great because unlike Australian Tic Tacs the actual mint is coloured not just the outside packaging. I'm still not sure what i will do with all these packets, but like with most collections i just can't bring myself to throw them away.


I should probably add that i don't collect all flavours of Tic Tacs, just the pepermint and spearmint ones, as these are my favourite flavours.
From Meg...

2 comments:

Josephine Frances said...

Wow so now I finally know the story behind the famous collection! Peg you are such a hoarder! Thankyou so much for your lovely comment by the way, it was nice to be welcomed to blogland! xxoo

CurlyPops said...

What a unique collection, and how cool to have some coloured tic tacs.....
That silver and blue sugar bowl set is nearly the same as one that my sister has...it's gorgeous.