Monday, July 28, 2008

One Very Special Project...




Recently one of my very good friends returned from a five week study trip to New York. While she was over there she turned 21, so I decided to take the opportunity to make her a quilt, which would hopefully be ready for her when she returned. I've never attempted to make a quilt solo before, usually i just help Mum or Claire with one, but this time it was all me, and I'm a little proud. I made the Quilt out of the same squares Claire uses to make the aprons and bags, all of them are vintage sheets or pillow cases, and I purchased the boarders and binding from spotlight. I didn't follow a pattern, rather deciding to choose my favourite patterns and fabrics and sew them all together and prey that they looked good. I gave it to my friend on Friday, she was so happy with it, and rather surprised as well, which was nice. I definitely think more quilting is on the horizon, and with the help of this blog maybe the layout will get a little more intricate.


From Meaghan.

2 comments:

Josephine Frances said...

Meg it is totally amazing I was so so impressed when I saw it! You have really inspired me to try and fit my quilting in, I just can never find the time! Congratulations it is so beautiful xx Jo

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful quilt! & I love the idea of using vintage sheets and pillowcases to make patchwork things: your quilt & your sister's bag look georgeous! :o)